Saturday, January 30, 2010

opening night







What a night it was! So many lovely people came to have a look. I was thrilled to see some very old friends and catch up with people I hadn't seen in a while. I made some fab new friends too, which is always a very lovely thing. Much fun was had by all! Here are just a few pics of set-up and opening night (excuse the poor picture quality please!)
Top to bottom:
*All Set - finally finished set-up at midnight the night before opening!
*Set-up in progress - with so many small pieces, set-up was a little tedious, but I really enjoyed the process.
*Opening night - That's me on the right, with my friend, the ultra-talented co-exhibitor Lauren Kenny on the left. Lauren is a super fab photographer and you can view some of her work here.
*Beautiful flowers - I was given these very gorgeous flowers, aren't they the most amazing colours? And wrapped in brown paper... simply stunning.

3 comments:

Revelle Taillon said...

Love your artwork. I'm sure you will be a great success! Found you through "Escape from Illustration Island".
Revelle

xenos said...

looks like a great show to be apart of...

bee said...

Thanks so much Revelle! How good is 'Escape from Illustration Island'? I think it's just fab, I only found it recently but will definitely be a regular visitor now.
Xenos - yes it was a very fun show! :)